T
H
E
B
L
O
G

Yes we can.

I typically try to keep politics out of my business life, but the events of last night were so epic, so historic and so deliriously wonderful, that I had to at least mention them here.

We have a new President America, we spoke and we have been heard.

If this young, self-employed woman, who doesn't own a house or have a stock portfolio or even health insurance - who does make student loan payments and car payments and multiple rent payments while trying to live the "American Dream" in one of the highest taxed states in the country- if this young woman has hope, so my friend should you.

We are entering an exciting time in our history and I am honored to be along for the ride- more than that, for the first time in my life, I can say without hesitation that I am damn proud to be an American.

...and just in case you missed it - Mr. Obama is buying his girls a puppy when they move into the White house - he says they've earned it. What do you think - Golden Retriever? Labradoodle? Pound puppy?


Oh -- and just in case you haven't seen this yet: check out Sarah Palin as President - click around the oval office to kill yourself with laughter

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:22 PM , Blogger Sabrina Horton said...

I'm all about them adopting a (shelter) dog, but the need to bring a shelter cat to the White House too! There is even a petition floating around the internet somewhere.

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Rachel Elizabeth said...

It was an amazing historic night in which the American people can be proud to have been apart of.

 
At 3:13 AM , Blogger heartdog said...

Man, did I cry through that night! It gave this non-home owning, new business starting, disabled woman--who can't even get state insurance to get necessary equipment like a wheelchair--a whole lot of hope. And it is nice to feel patriotic again, too. I feel so fortunate to be here to witness this new day!

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger J.Nichole said...

Amen!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home