T
H
E
B
L
O
G

Lucky Dog, Lucky Me!

On Sunday I had my first visit to Lucky Dog Outfitters in Tacoma. Not being one who ever really stops in Tacoma, I have missed out on the wonderland that is this refreshingly outdoorsy, wondrously tantalizing pet boutique. Smack dab in the side of an unassuming strip mall, this 2,000-something square foot space is packed with vibrant merchandise of all kinds - when I walked in I truly felt like a kid in a candy store. The best thing about Lucky Dog though, is not the Chilly Dog sweaters or Happy Tails shampoo - it's the staff. The LDO girls are genuine, helpful and fun.

I was there for their annual Halloween Pet Portrait day- this was a last minute addition into my already jam-packed schedule (OK, I admit it, I was going to watch the Seahawks game with my friends from Pooper Trooper) but despite the tricky time crunch - I was glad to help out. Besides some glammed up pooches, I didn't know what to expect from this event, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! Big dogs, little dogs, dogs dressed as lions and dogzillas and witches (and even one Italian Greyhound dressed up as a soccer player - complete with italian jersey and stuffed soccer ball!) and even some faces I recognized from holiday photos at Next to Nature last year!







And best of all, right as I was packing up to leave - I was treated with a horse fix! Jen's sister happened to swing by after a trail ride and grab a few shots of me actin' a fool :) I turn into a gushing 10 year old girl when I get nuzzled by horse muzzle (as evidenced by the photos) but it really was the highlight of my day!






A big thank you to the Lucky Dog crew (who even ran to the mall to get me a new battery when I realized that I left my backup at an event the night before) and who supplied smiles, fabulous dog handling support, and all the treats those models could gobble up!

Mark your calendars Tacoma - we will be back in town Sunday, December 7th for holiday portraits!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home