T
H
E
B
L
O
G

The Marvelous Miss Mayhem

It is with much sadness that I share with you a last look at the lovely Mayhem.

You might recognize this beautiful blue-eyed girl from CityDog Artwalk (where she was proudly displayed) or her CityDog Magazine debut (page 40 of the Summer 2008 issue - "Race for the Cure" article.)

Mayhem was a 13 yr. old Siberian Husky who was diagnosed with lymphoma in 2005. After many consultations with experts and chemotherapy, Mayhem was officially classified as "in remission" after 27 weeks. She was kept on a low-protein diet and received fluids regularly to aid her weak kidneys.

When I met Mayhem last Winter - nothing about her seemed weak, sick or sorry. She was a sparkly, lively, gorgeous lady who loved to howl, tug with her brother Warlock, nibble a bone or beg some scratches from mom and dad.

Here's what her mom shared with me about her passing:

"It is with a heavy heart that Chris and I let you know that Mayhem died on July 8th. She was surrounded by her family in a beautiful garden setting, laying comfortably in the grass under the late afternoon sun. As you probably remember, our veterinarian had not expected her to make it to Christmas, but as usual, Mayhem's strength and bravery proved us all wrong and she lived well beyond everyone's expectations, giving us a joyous holiday season and additional precious time to create happy memories. Thank you so much for capturing some of those moments in such wonderful photos! She even lived just long enough to see her picture in CityDog. :)"


Thanks for being such a brave girl and a wonderful model Mayhem - now we can all enjoy your legacy.




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM , Blogger maisie'smom said...

Miss Mayhem is absolutely beautiful!
I say is because her energy and love live on and continues to be present in your life.
I lost my first Lab Maggie to cancer in March 2004, 4 days after my birthday. She too, stayed around for Christmas as well as my birthday. I feel her always, especially at monumental moments!
Thanks for sharing the pictures of Mayhem with us.
Take care! Warmest regards, Lorna Alexander, Carmel, Indiana (AKA Maggie and Maisie's mom. Visit my website:www.coolcatshotdogs.com
I will be relaunching it this fall with some great products and blogs, etc.

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger J.Nichole said...

Thanks Lorna - yes, Mayhem was an incredible spirit, I think I truly will remember her forever - and she wasn't even my dog!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home