T
H
E
B
L
O
G

Olivia + Nichole discover Discovery Park

A dear friend (and fellow pet photographer) made the brilliant suggestion that we take a walk with our pooches at Discovery Park this afternoon.

What I knew is that I've been wanting to see the park and the weather was incredible for it... What I didn't know whas how incredibly and overwhelmingly amazing this place is and how much good it would do me to get outside and take it all in... At sunset, none the less.

I have attached a few photos, but out of pure awe and relaxation I failed to capture some of the most amazing sights this incredible park has to offer...

Sweeping views from towering bluffs of neighboring islands and the shipping lanes... turn of the century architecture- light yellow officers' quarters and barracks, complete with white column, wrap-around porches and little white lights lining the roof tops... Massive gnarled tree branches breaking the soft sunset colored sky with their stark sharp darkness... waving fields of tall, golden grass blanketing the hillsides... Yes friends... Quite a place, and I promise next time... I will capture more if it to share!


This last trip, was just for soaking in. Thanks Jamie and Fergie.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:16 AM , Blogger cowbelly said...

These are truly beautiful Nichole.

I wanted to comment yesterday when you sent them to me but I had to rush out the door to meet my dad.

You and your Nikon do such an amazing job of capturing the colors, and the feel, of the scene at hand. I can look at your photos and be transported to that time and that day, and that place, in an instant. Minus the Olivia-Fergie running tackle-induced head-plant, of course!

BTW: aside from some soreness that makes me feel like I got my butt kicked yesterday I am no worse for the wear- head is just fine. :-)

Thanks for sharing these Nichole and for making the trek with the Fergs and I!

The next time we go you'll have the shoot the army quarters and view from the top of the hill and post them for all to see.

Jamie Cowbelly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home