T
H
E
B
L
O
G

Hometown Heroes: The Book Project


Last weekend I traveled back to my hometown to photograph some local spots for a book project of "Hometown Hero" articles {generously donated by their author, Susan Knickerbocker}

These articles feature "Hometown Heroes" - Local legends around Whidbey Island who are working with little reward or recognition for the betterment of their community. These articles run weekly in the "South Whidbey Record" and now, about 35 of them will appear in this, the first volume, to benefit "South Whidbey Commons Youth Project".

This is a great cause so I thought I would share some of my shots from my old stomping grounds: The oh-so-lovely Whidbey Island. Many of these photos will appear in the book, which will go to print later this year.















*a personal side note: during this visit I stumbled upon the grave of one of my high school friends who was killed in a car crash only a few days after we graduated. Last time I saw flowers for him, they were lining the road where he died. It was both a very sobering and very re-affirming experience. Makes me want to "come home" more often-- to indulge in all things home + family*

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home