T
H
E
B
L
O
G

Meet Isis.

Meet Isis.Meet Isis.{UPDATE: Sadly Isis is the first pet from Operation Portrait PAWsitive that we have lost. Shortly after her time at the studio, Isis became very aggressive with KHS staff, and combined with her failing health, it was concluded that she wasn't fit for adoption. I mourned this beautiful lady... But she will always be remembered here.}


When this little white bundle arrived silently at the studio, she didn't have a name. A stray from the Bremerton area, this shy Siamese kitty won me over the second I glanced through the door of the kennel to see her piercing blue eyes. In honor of those ice-colored eyes, combined with her Siamese heritage and her sandy fur, I chose the name "Isis"~ I can just see her beautiful face painted in a hieroglyphic on some ancient tomb.


Little Isis is very shy. She was so eager to stay in her kennel that I ended up building her a little shelter to hide in while I photographed her. While watching her watch me, I realized that it is very possible that Isis doesn't see well. Her eyes scan quickly back and forth in the direction of sound or smell~ It could be that those beautiful baby blues of hers have been reduced to more decoration then function. This handicap would explain her extreme shyness.


More then any other feline I have met thus far through Operation Portrait PAWsitive, I wanted to take Isis home. She has some hair loss on her back end and although she has beautiful markings, her fur is course from malnutrition. I realized fairly quickly that it was more important to give Isis some love, then to get her portrait, so I spent a great deal of time petting and speaking to her... This TLC paid off and she actually purred.


Isis is thought to be about 2 years old. It is clear that she has had a hard life and is in great need of someone to nurse her back to health. She very much enjoys being scratched behind the ears and on her neck and she also likes to be held. I know there is someone out there looking to be the one Isis learns to trust and love... She is certainly a beautiful creature, more than worthy of a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home